5007 Summerville Road Phenix City, AL 36867
Bones and teeth
• Fractures and infections. In most cases, fractures and infections in bones and teeth show up clearly on X-
• Arthritis -
• Dental decay -
• Osteoporosis -
• Bone cancer -
What to wear
You will be asked to undress the part of your body that requires examination. You may wear a gown to cover yourself during the exam, depending on which area is being X-
A technologist will position your body between the X-
For your safety, please notify our scheduling department and technologists if you believe you may be pregnant.
Q: What about radiation? That sounds risky.
• Digestive tract problems. Barium, a contrast medium delivered in a drink or in an enema, can help reveal problems anywhere in your digestive system. Please see our separate section on Fluoroscopy at Bridgeway Diagnostics.
• Swallowed items. If your child has swallowed something like a key or a coin, an X-
• Lung infections or conditions. Evidence of problems such as pneumonia, tuberculosis or lung cancer can show up on chest X-
• Breast cancer. Mammography is a special type of X-
• Enlarged heart. One of the signs of congestive heart failure is an enlarged heart, which shows up clearly on X-
• Blocked blood vessels. Injecting a contrast material that contains iodine can help highlight sections of your circulatory system so that they can be seen on X-